Thursday, May 12, 2011

This School Year will End in...

roughly 6.5 hours....

My first year in a degree that will actually have an ROI... ;-)
It's definitely been tough. Working 40+ hours a week at work (and it sometimes still isn't enough for my boss, the joys of being salaried), AND going to school full-time. It's no easy feat, and quite honestly, I probably wouldn't have made it without the constant, love, support of Luke. For goodness sakes, there were times I wouldn't have had clean clothes if it weren't for him, or clean dishes, had he not done them. He has been truly amazing, and he's done it all without complaint. I'm so grateful he came back into my life.

Luke and I met five years ago, while I was at Wichita State (he also went to school there, and will graduate this summer from WSU with his Masters in Sports Management). We went on ONE date, one date only, and both walked away from the evening saying "Thanks, it's been fun, but yeah..." And mutually did not pursue each other any further. But here we are now, we've been together for 16 months, and we talk about forever together. I like to joke that our first date was God's little teaser. But we weren't ready for each other then, and patience just needed to kick in.

He was worth the wait, and I'm grateful for all the blessings he brings into my life. He helps me to be the woman I want to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment