Friday, May 6, 2011

A Healthier, Happier Me

Over the last 5 or 6 months, I've been so stressed, swamped, and exhausted that I've fallen out of the habit of taking care of ME! I occassionally use my CalorieCounter app on my phone, but because I haven't been so good, (and I know it), I just haven't been using it. I guess I just didn't want to face the fact, in black and white, in-your-face numbers, of how I was slipping. I felt like, at this point, there was nothing I could do about it.

My sister-in-law has been such an inspiration lately. She has truly taken charge of her life, and her happiness. She has a lot to be happy about too. She's getting ready to marry my brother (and we all love her, because she has made him SO happy!), has the cutest son ever, and has a beautiful life with her two guys. She's gotten really good at working out consistently, and making healthier choices though, because she didn't like looking at herself in the mirror (even though we all see a happy, beautiful woman). She uses the same CalorieCounter app that I use, but she takes a step further, using the website, to connect with other people, blogging on their website to talk about her struggles and successes, and she just connected with me on the website.

After accepting her friend request on www.myfitnesspal.com, I started exploring the website and everything you can do, I may have re-hooked myself to the initiative! It's all thanks to my sister-in-law, for reaching out and encouraging me.

If you guys haven't tried it, and are needing somewhere you can find encouragement, you should definitely try it.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment